Thought it was time I introduced myself!

Stilly

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I've been here for a few weeks now, reading a lot and posting now and then, and thought that it was finally time to officially say "hello" :wave: and introduce myself!

We own a custom shed manufacturing business and we build quite a number of poolhouses and storage sheds for pool supplies. We finally got tired of just selling these structures and thought it was time we got ourselves a pool! We are currently under construction here: 16-x-32-vinyl-installation-t42194.html . We interviewed with 4 PB's (maybe 5?) and got started pretty quickly after deciding to move forward, basically because if we waited any longer we would be too swamped with work and would not have time to deal with it. We don't plan on being in this home forever, so I really didn't want anything too large, expensive or extravagant. Easy maintenance is our main goal because we work 6 days a week (long days!) especially during the spring, summer & fall. We don't have time to go away for vacation during these months, and decided we needed to be able to relax as much as possible at home.

We have two 20-something sons, and the younger one just moved back home after college. I am convinced it was because he learned we were building a pool - and I am thinking "great, now he'll never leave!" :roll: He's already planning on taking over my buddy seat!

We hit a lot of rock during the dig, so I have been spending all of my free time roaming the yard with a wheelbarrow collecting those that didn't get hauled away so that they don't get pushed back in during the final grading. The really large ones we kept to the side so that I can hopefully use them in a retaining wall that we'll need to build. Isn't it funny how you never notice how much of a slope you really have until you need a level area?

Anyway, I have learned a lot over the past few weeks, and I know I need to learn more (never had a pool before!). Every day I find something new to stress over with this construction and decision phase. Can't wait until this process is done so that I can sit with margarita in hand and relax! :cheers:

Thanks for the nice welcome, Butterfly!
The older son is already planning a visit back home for opening weekend (whenever that might be). I have a feeling he will be visiting more often this summer!