Hayward Aquarite displaying 0 instant salt ppm+no current

May 31, 2011
Oldsmar, FL
Hey folks,

I just had my six month old Hayward Aquarite board replaced 'cuz it was randomly changing the T3-15 setting and showing zero instant salt ppm and sending zero current to the cell. Eventually the display was just showing gibberish.

The new one is showing zero ppm on its instant reading and sending zero current to the cell, unless I turn the knob for percent chlorine generation above 50-70%.

Is this normal, or do I have a bad cell, or perhaps a new, but bad board?

Thanx in advance for any insight.

Re: Hayward Aquarite displaying 0 instant salt ppm+no curren

It could be just that you caught the cell in the off part of the cycle. If you have it set at 25%, then the cell is on only 25% of the cycle and off 75% of the cycle. When you turn up the percentage, it moves the on-off point ahead and the cell turns on. Which SWG model do you have? There is a way to reset the cycle so you are at the beginning again so no matter what setting, it will be on. I know how to do that for the AquaLogic but not the AquaRite.

Re: Hayward Aquarite displaying 0 instant salt ppm+no curren

I think you're right. I took a look at it today upon start up and it read instant salt and was sending current to the cell. I didn't time the on/off cycle, however. Gonna presume it's functioning properly unless I have evidence of a problem. I think I'm being a bit paranoid after the first one failed. It's a Hayward Aquarite Goldline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.