Roots Growing Under Tiles?

Mar 25, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have another post on this forum asking about shocking & running the filter. I have a new problem & not sure which forum to post it as I didnt find previous posts on this topic.

In the process of shocking, decided to pry some loose tiles to see if there is algae under them. I did find some but also found what looks like plant material. Anyone run into this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 82
Well, after not finding any answers online we decided to pry underneath it all. We found there is a horizontal crack in the cement underneath the tiles that we believe has grass growing from the adjacent dirt/grass area. We removed the concrete that appears to have been added over the crack & found more grassy material. We chiseled it all & will shock at mustard level tonight in the hopes that will get it all. Once the OCLT is good we will drop the water level & fix the crack & retile.
Still hoping to hear from anyone who has seen this before...

Your plan sounds good. I don't know if you need to shock at that high a level, but it won't hurt. Once you have it cleaned out you could probably seal it with caulking until you can get it sealed permanently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.