Jandy CV340 maintenance

Ok, here's my dumb question for the day. I've heard all the advice; what do you folks say?

We put this pool in last year and it became functional at the end of May, 2011. Here in SE Texas, we don't worry about hard freezes and although some of our friends winterize their pools, we didn't. We maintained our normal schedule of pump time and water monitoring, etc. and are just waiting for the water to be JUST a little warmer.

But, the question surfaces; when is maintenance due on the (cartridge) filter? Our builder told us after a year, maybe two, but to watch the pressure dial and if it got to 25 or so, that was time to clean the cartridges, etc. I see in the manual that there is a rotating bezel on the gauge (the builder didn't mention this to me; great builder, not much of a communicator, IMHO) and there is a Clean and Dirty setting. The gauge is still on Clean at about 14 psi, which was where it was, plus or minus, when the unit was started up and stabilized. Dirty is up around 20-25. It is nowhere near that.

The local Warehouse Pool Supply dudes told me this morning that the cartridges should be cleaned every three (3) months. Yikes, really?

So, what's the consensus here?

PS: I DID buy a cool thing at WPS this morning. A Polaris TailSweep that keeps the sweeper tail from washing everything OUTSIDE the pool, including the Mrs. and myself trying to sit be the pool with morning coffee. Wet is NOT advised for my hearing aids!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.