Starite DE filter/multi port

jinjil

Mar 29, 2012
My PB just set my equipment on the pad. I am using a Starite S7D75 De filter. He did a nice clean plumbing job, but i noticed he used a 1.5" multi port instead of a 2". When I questioned him on he said since Im using a 1.5hp pump and my pool is only 25ft from the pad it will be ok. Not sure if he is trying to save a few bucks or just ordered the wrong one. Pipe is all 2", I have main drains and 2 skimmers, no spa or water features plumbed into this line. Pool i guess is going to be in the 20,000 gal range, it is free form and has a large sunshelf, so not sure yet. Any opinions would be appreciated.

The optimal performance for the S7D75 is about 56 gpm.
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/sys3deDS.pdf

The recommended multiport for that filter is the 2" model number 18201-0200
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/Sta-Rit ... alveOM.pdf

I think that the filter is undersized, and that the pump is oversized. I think that the pump should be 2-speed for energy conservation. What other equipment and/or features will you have now, or potentially, in the future? Things, such as gas heater (Make, model), salt chlorinator (Make, model), solar heat, fountains etc.?

The pump is a Whisperflo WF6, I may change it to the 2 speed,do you think I could just change the motor? I have a polaris booster pump also. I have 4 deck fountains but the pb put in another pump for them ,3/4 hp WF3. I don't plan on a heater but made the pad big enough for one if I change my mind down the road.

I guess I should mention one other thing, this is not my original PB, the original got me as far as the gunite and stubbed out the pipe before he stopped returning phone calls. So this is my second time paying for the equipment and electric that is why I am trying to save some money on equipment, I plan in the next few months, maybe next season changing to a 2 speed or vs pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.