What kind of brush for brushing algae spots?

alanrmeadows

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2010
Hi all,
Just now in the beginning stages of shocking a green, algae infested in ground fiberglass pool. I used a regular pool brush and did a decent job of knocking off some of the algae stuck to the walls. However, the circular looking spots act as if they don't want to come off with just the swipe of a regular pool brush. I can rub them off with my finger fairly easily, but I obviously can't do that for the entire pool. Any ideas...do I need one of those steel bristle brushes? Or will they break up easier after I shock for a while? I can't really get too agressive with anything since I recently had back surgery. Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan

carlscan26 said:
Don't use a steel brush on a fiberglass pool. Get a wall whale brush - its awesome and very easy on your back while applying a ton of force.
Would be interested in what a wall whale brush looks like, to see if we can get them here. With a 2.8 meter deep end getting the walls brushed all the way down is a nightmare.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.