Too much bromide salt in 1200 gallon in-ground spa?

Jul 21, 2010
Garland, Texas
When my 1200 gallon in-ground (uncovered) spa (which looks more like a small pool with jets) was installed, my pool contractor installed a Genesis bromine generator. Unfortunately the Genesis is only capable of managing around 500 gallons of water, and has been something of a failure on the much bigger water volume.

Last week I had an electrician working on the pool timer, and because the Genesis was not doing anything, I asked him to disconnect it from the pool electrical supply.

I have a floater with bromine tabs in the spa/ool, but there is also Bromide Salt that was necessary for the Genesis. I did not know that I did not need to keep maintaining the level of the Bromide Salt, but now that the Genesis is no longer connected, is it harmful to my water to have a high Bromide Salt ppm reading? Or does it really not matter? Bromide Salt ppm reading is around 1500 ppm, but I've read on the forum that my Bromide Salt ppm should be around 30 ppm.

Bromine reading is around 2.5 ppm and I can increase it by adding a few ounces of Clorox.

Should I just stop adding Bromide Salt to the "bank" at this point and concentrate only on tabs in the floater and addition of Clorox?

Thanks as always.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.