My first TF-100 test results

Cajun

Dec 16, 2011
Prosper, Texas
Here are the results of my 1st test with my TF-100 kit. (The speedstir is awesome) :cool:

FC - 2.5
CC - 0
TC - 2.5
PH - 7.5
T/A - 130
CH - 160
CYA - 50

based on the pool calculator aside from adding some bleach it looks like the only concern here is the CH. How quickly should I address this? and whats the best method. Having trouble finding deicer in Texas but someone said to try tractor supply. Any brands I should be looking for or should I just get some hardness plus from Leslie's?

Any other thoughts based on these numbers? TIA

Since we rarely need de-icer and it is also the off-season for it, you are probably better off buying hardness increaser. You can check your local wal-mart and see if they have any in their garden/outdoor section. That will be less expensive than going to a pool store.

You should also keep an eye on your TA once the CH is in range. If your pH starts going up you will need to lower the TA to try and keep pH stable.

Well, zea beat me to a response ... here are my thoughts (which are basically the same):

Given your numbers, I get a CSI of about -0.23 which is within range.
May want to consider lowering your TA if your pH tends to rise (this will lower your CSI)
I would not bump up the CH too much as it will tend to rise as water evaporates and requires water change to get rid of it.

With the CYA of 50 you need to keep your FC between 4 and 8 at all times.

I see in your signature an inline chlorinator listed ... you are not actually using it anymore are you?

Wonderful. Then I would suggest your bring the FC up to about 4-6ppm for the rest of the summer and enjoy the pool.

No hurry on the CH, but when you find a good source get enough to get your pool up to 300 and your all set.

so over the past week aside from bleach as needed and 2 inches of water to top it off I also added 12 lbs of HTH Calcium Plus (less than what was suggested to see the impact)

Here are my results one week later.
FC - 4.5
CC - 0
TC - 4.5
PH - 7.7
T/A - 120
CH - 270
CYA - 35 (after reading the tips from Jason I am more confident in this score as compared to my 1st one)
Temp 77

should I leave things as is or make some adjustments? Water is very clear.

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.