Stripped threads on Hayward DE6000 at air relief valve?

ZooMan

Mar 9, 2012
Parkland, FL
I have an older Hayward DE6000 that has stripped threads where the manual air relief valve and pressure gauge is located.
Couple of questions?

Whats the material of the filter body?
Has anyone had any luck with gluing? J&B weld, Epoxy resigns and fillers West System is what I have used (Marine industry)

What kind of materials are Pool Chemical tolerant, I know PVC and Stainless but about others Nylon brass copper,.

Solutions
Drill and tap a fitting into the existing hole
Use a marine Thru-Hull Fitting with 1/4" three way, one to mount and the other for a pressure gauge and bleeder.

Thanks in advance

ZooMan said:
I have an older Hayward DE6000 that has stripped threads where the manual air relief valve and pressure gauge is located.
Couple of questions?

Whats the material of the filter body?
Has anyone had any luck with gluing? J&B weld, Epoxy resigns and fillers West System is what I have used (Marine industry)

What kind of materials are Pool Chemical tolerant, I know PVC and Stainless but about others Nylon brass copper,.

Solutions
Drill and tap a fitting into the existing hole
Use a marine Thru-Hull Fitting with 1/4" three way, one to mount and the other for a pressure gauge and bleeder.

Thanks in advance

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm leaning towards J&B weld and then tapping 1/4" pipe.

Thanks again

It looks like you can replace the Relief Valve/Gauge Adapter Assembly for about $20. Here's the part number DEX2400S. You'll also need the o-ring that goes under it.

I wouldn't try repairing it for that amount.

Bama Rambler said:
It looks like you can replace the Relief Valve/Gauge Adapter Assembly for about $20. Here's the part number DEX2400S. You'll also need the o-ring that goes under it.

I wouldn't try repairing it for that amount.

Thanks
I have address the stripped threads on the housing and not the relief valve. I'm looking for info on the filter body.

Any Ideas.

Just actually found this thread i have the same exact my threaads are stripped on a de4800 tank which is pretty much the same as you have i tried everything wrapping with teflon tape and still leaks and wont tighten was wondering what you did to fix it did you use a bulkhead fitting?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.