Polaris Tail Sweep Pro - less spraying windows?

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
I just got an ad for a sale price at Pool Warehouse Supply for the Polaris Tail Sweep Pro which promises to keep the tail in the pool somehow so that less water hits the house windows. It seems to increase velocity as well. Could be a valve of sorts, could be a weight of sorts.

Does anyone have any opinion on this?

Too often I find our Polaris stuck on a step or with the tail flipped out and hung on a rock, merrily spraying pool water all over the house and yard. Serious enough problem that I am considering turning it off completely when we go on a trip.

I used to have this issue all the time. Since adding the Tail Sweep Pro, I haven't seen it shoot water at all. The tail no longer lifts above the water, and even if it did, I don't think it would shoot out because there is a deflector / diffuser. The tail sweeping action seems about the same.

anonapersona said:
I just got an ad for a sale price at Pool Warehouse Supply for the Polaris Tail Sweep Pro which promises to keep the tail in the pool somehow so that less water hits the house windows. It seems to increase velocity as well. Could be a valve of sorts, could be a weight of sorts.

Does anyone have any opinion on this?

Too often I find our Polaris stuck on a step or with the tail flipped out and hung on a rock, merrily spraying pool water all over the house and yard. Serious enough problem that I am considering turning it off completely when we go on a trip.
If you decide to give this a try, please post a review. I think all of us would like to minimize the window spraying!

Have this upgrade and it does as it advertises. No more hosing down the house windows from the 'out-of-pool' experience from the tail. Love this unit, can find them on ebay for $19.99 free shipping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.