Aquabot or Swimbot?

pooly1

Mar 24, 2012
Michigan
Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 units besides looks? I'm becoming quite indecisive on what pool cleaner I'm going to buy.

Also been watching what YouTube videos I could find. The Aquabot Turbo T Jet seems to have awesome suction just no scrubbers which I think I can live without.
Seen alot of posts on the nitro wall scrubber but people noc it cause its cheap even though it has an extra year warranty for the same price.

Aquabot Turbo T Jet Robotic Pool Cleaner

SwimJet HD Robotic Cleaner for In-Ground Pools

Hey pooly, before a little research (right now), I didn't know anything about the SwimJet cleaner. Based on product specs, these cleaners look nearly identical. Both have the same GPH, filtering capacity (2 microns), jet propulsion, and even the same length power cord.

My one thought is...neither of these have a caddy for storage. It might not seem like a big deal, but I would hate to see the wheels on these units get scratched up and end up puncturing your vinyl liner. I know it is rare, but it can happen. If you go with either of these units, just make sure to be very gentle when taking it in/out of storage.

Aquabot it is

I did it and ordered the Aquabot Turbo T Jet :cheers: . Seems easy to fix, not many parts and has a large following. I should pull the hero 2 out and make a video review :goodjob: Im hoping that this will also cut down on pump run time like Ive heard.

Re: Aquabot it is

pooly1 said:
I should pull the hero 2 out and make a video review :goodjob:
Congrats on your new cleaner! You absolutely SHOULD make a video review. The Hero2 is SO COOL! It's amazing how small and cheap it is..yet it produces GREAT results!

So far my Aquabot is proving amazing. Got him yesterday morning dropped him in the water. Hour and a half later pool was sparkling clean, put a tear in my eye :goodjob: Heres a couple pics morning and evening. The fine filter bag picks up some serious sludge. Ill do a video when the water temp gets above 50 :mrgreen:

IMG_20120407_183528.jpg

IMG_20120407_122552.jpg

I started with one of the Aquabot Jet robots and quickly discovered that after a little bit of dirt got in the bag, the propulsion was greatly reduced and it could not get out of my deep end. If you have a relative flat pool, this is probably not an issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kdzetmeir said:
I'm eyeing this Polaris 9300 Sport pretty closely. Looks like a good robot.
The 9300 is certainly a great robot, but you might also want to look at the 9400. It is a little bit more expensive, but the 4 wheel drive helps with walls and turning radius.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.