kreepy krauler sucked up a sock

Jul 14, 2011
My krauler seemed to not be moving and I left a note for my pool service. They discovered a sock had been sucked up by the krauler which was preventing it from sucking up water while the pump was on. The sock didn't go up the line or anything just stayed in the head.

Is there any chance this caused permanent damage to my pool pump or krauler? They left it on after removing the sock and it seemed to pick up debris overnight, and maybe I'm just being paranoid and thinking its moving slower than normal...

The weighted flapper just inside the head (the lone piece that propels it around) sometimes gets a little out of whack, as mine does. I usually wedge my fingers in there, move it around, and make sure nothing else is stuck in there.....you'd be surprised at what a little tiny twig will do to the performance of a Kreepy Krawly.

If that flapper was beating on a sock repeatedly, I'd guess that the flapper came off one of its hinges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.