Polaris 280 question...

DMAN11

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA area
I have a Polaris 280 now for about 3 to 4 yrs. Built the pool in October 2008. Our booster pump went out a few months back, so we had it replaced.

Now when we put the Polaris in the pool, there are times we find it sitting in front of the steps running constantly into the steps... kinda just "spinnning its wheels" so-to-speak...

Has anyone else experienced this before with the 280? Will it wear any gears/parts/wheels...etc to where it would cause this to happen?

Thanks for any input guys...DMAN

mxdad,,, actually, i do have a backup valve on it and it works. or at least it seems to work fine. when he runs up into the ladder or something it pulls him back... BUT, what i am saying is that he runs up to the steps and just spins till the backup pulls him back... in the past, he would just run right up the steps and turn around. even on the walls,,,, i mean this thing would climb the wall till it came out the water and turned around to go back down... we would just sit and watch it sometimes...hehe

NOW,,, it just seems to spin really easy... I am hoping it is just because of the floor needing to be wiped down or something... we are just opening the pool, and it does have a little greenishness (hmmm) in it, so I am hoping thats all it is... Just wanted to check to see about parts and other people's experiences with their's...

thx....DMAN

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.