Jandy deck jet versus mini jet

Jun 30, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are planning to add jets along the back of the pool and also to the baja reef. I'm looking at the Jandy deck jets and mini jets, but have a hard time find what the difference is between these two jets. Anyone knows?
Thanks.

Hey pumpkineater, welcome to TFP!

MiniJet
project a stream at a 45 degree angle
projects water up to 13 feet
can be mounted on deck OR under coping

Deck Jets
nozzles can be adjusted 360 degrees
zodiac does not list water projection, but I have seen them much longer than 13 feet

Blakej, thanks for the welcome! This site is very informative and helpful to not so savvy home owners.

Is there a preference when to use a deck jet versus a mini jet? Attached is a drawing of our pool remodel. The red dots indicate a jet.

Attachments

• jets.jpg
    jets.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 299
I would recommend Deck Jets because of their versatility. The option to rotate the nozzle will give you a chance to try different stream positions. Just my opinion though..I am curious to see what others have to say!

I have been looking into these as I would like to incorporate them into our new deck, it seems as the jandy deck jets are the more cost affective option but still seem to be of good quality.
I have been seeing them run ~360 or so for set of 4
I have seen others run upwards of ~700 +
They have some wicked led options that change colors of the stream but your gonna pay for the wicked option :)
I have my wife sold on the normal deck jets but still need to offer up unborn children for the led option lol! :)

Re: Jandy deck jet versus mini jet versus brass jet

Any feedback of how brass jet similar to this works out, is appreciated. Especially when compared to Jandy deck jets. Any pros and cons?

Attachments

• Brass_outdoor_fountain_nozzle[1].jpg
    Brass_outdoor_fountain_nozzle[1].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 209
  • aquArch[1].png
    aquArch[1].png
    76.2 KB · Views: 209

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It seems like some deck jets create smooth streams of water and others are really broken up more like water out of a hose. Is it the jet or the water pressure or a combination of both that create that smooth tube like stream of water?

It's not only the jets but the piping leading up to the jets that create laminar flow (smooth tube like stream). The pressure affects it a little but the design and manufacture of the jets make the biggest difference.

What's interesting is the jet one a couple of these models use quick connect's, us fish geek's use those quick connects on the returns on fish tanks, if time allows this weekend I am going to connect one of mine off the fish tank and connect it to a garden hose to see how the stream looks, those quick connects are alot less expensive than the deck jets.
If it works I will post a thread on it

One reason that I'm looking at the brass jets, besides the longevity, is that it is possible to get them cheaper than the Jandy jets. But I'm also want to make sure performance is not going to be a problem. As I haven't come across anyone using them, I'm keep looking for information. It might just be that they are not known to the majority of pool owners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.