Digging up a dirt filled Pool?????

Apr 3, 2012
I am in the process of purchasing a house which used to have an in ground pool, but the owners filled it in with dirt supposedly via my neighbors. I am very interested in resurrecting this pool if it is salvageable?

I guess they only filled it in in the last 18 months, because there was some sort of accident and they did not want to look at the pool everyday. I was told that is was in pretty nice shape with new heaters etc.

Also, The prior owners did not pull a permit when they filled in the pool.

Has anyone ever dug out an existing pool successfully?
What would an estimate be for this type of project?
If the pool is not salvageable, what are the risks to me as the new homeowner if the pool was not filled in correctly?

By the way……What are these 6 concrete circles on the grass with a 3 inch metal pole sticking out of each of them????

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

:wave: Welcome :wave:

Well, I knew I had read about one of these before and took a few minutes, but managed to find the post HERE

I guarantee that yours is not as bad as that one :shock:

Let that be your inspiration :goodjob:

And if you do go for it ... post pictures as conversion threads are very entertaining.

I am not really sure how you could fill in a pool incorrectly (I assume this is directed for if you decided to leave it). At worst I think the dirt may just settle some over time.

Let us know if other questions come up and someone will help.

Can you post a picture of the concrete circles you are talking about?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.