Above ground pool filter change..

jck

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2010
I have a sand filter now.. have a 33 round pool with one return ( not sure that is good but it is what was installed) I'm thinking of going to a better filter system.. What do you guys thing.. an what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a reason for wanting to switch to something? All filters keep the water clear so if you are having trouble with cloudy water it's probably a chemical issue. In my opinion I like sand filters the best as they are the easiest to clean.

Unless there's a mechanical problem with the sand filter I wouldn't recommend changing it. As Kevin said, it's usually a blalnce issue if you're having water problems.

If you're just wanting to change it anyway then I'd suggest a large DE filter. It'll filter finer but most people can't tell unless you're looking at the floaters in front of a light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.