Solar Heater MI

I have a solar heater. I ran it on top of my garage. I use the black sprinkler tubing ran about 20 feet under ground and then ran the rest up the downspout of my gutter. You will need a way to regulate the water flow to the heater. To much water flow will provide no heating but a slip stream helps much more. I don't see a whole lot of extended season time. Once it's starts getting cold we're done.

Actually the solar heating efficiency goes up with high flow rates. You may not feel HOT water entering the pool, but that is not the way solar heaters are supposed to work. You can add more BTUs of heat to the pool if there is only around a 2 degree rise in water temperature across the heater.

Basically you are better off having a LOT of water with a couple degree temp rise that a small amount of water with a high temperature rise. This is discussed in many threads here in the forums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.