Pool estimate in North Fort Worth

Apr 2, 2012
I am new to the forum and wanted to get opinions regarding equipment and price. PB is a long time family friend.... Curious if the price is on par with others in the dfw area.

**Pool size 18' x 38’ Perimeter 98
*Depth 4'0" x 5'6" x 4’0” Pool Area 480sf
*20,161 gallons
*2.77HP Hayward Eco Star Energy Efficient variable speed Filter pump
*Hayward DE 6020 filter with separation tank
*Hayward FND 400 gas heater
*Pentair Legends pressure pool cleaner with 3/4HP Hayward booster pump ​
*Hayward Goldline PS 4 pool/spa automation system
*Wireless Aquapod controller for PS 4
*Hayward Goldline salt generating T-15 Cell
*(1) Colorlogic LED spa light by Hayward
*(1) Colorlogic LED pool light by Hayward
*(1) Silencer 2HP blower for spa bubbles
*Aqua Connect for smart phones and computers
*Therapeutic neck spa with contour seating
*2” pipe (schedule 40) on all suction lines to pool (Individual lines to each)
*7’ round spa, raised 12” with stone veneered moss rock to match waterfall
*2 ½” pipe (schedule 40) on all suction lines to spa, with (2) anti-vortex safety drains
*(2) skimmers and 5-returns in pool with (2) anti-vortex safety drains
*7 ft Wild Ride Slide (to be rocked in w/grotto)
*Rock grotto waterfall with cascading spillway to pool
*Weeping wall between spa and grotto
*All return lines to be 2” PVC (schedule 40)
*Large Tanning ledge with (1) bubblers/gusher water features
*Bench to extend in front of tanning ledge
*Loveseat and bench in pool
*Coping to be flagstone (Customer choice of color)
*600 sf of roller slate, skin stamp, or rock salt pool deck
*Cap existing patio to match new pool deck 750 sf
*Tile to standard choice by owner
*Plaster to be white plaster with free spotter tiles
*Deco-seal with ¼” poly foam expansion
*Deck drains for surface water as needed
*Unlimited Umbrella sleeves on deck (Owner choice of location)
*12” x 24” bond (with #4 rebar 4ea) Entire shell 4” x 8” O.C. with double steel on stress points
*Electric wire to equipment location by owner (Within 125’ of pool equipment)
*All start up tools and chemicals (telescope pole, brush, and dip net, test kit)
*Pool school with homeowners after pool completion
*All work carries a (3) year limited warranty
*Pool and spa gunite shell covered for lifetime of the pool

For the following amount of pool: $48,280.00

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

That looks to be a fair price for the North Texas area. I paid about $56k for 114' perimeter diving pool with 800sq stamped patio with flagstone inlay and a weeping wall. Equipment list is comparable. And I don't have a rock slide, which probably isn't cheap if you priced it separately.

The only concern I'd have is it's a long time family friend. Make sure you do the same due diligence you'd do with any other builder. Sure wouldn't want this to end your friendship.

If you would still like to know the PB, give me a call.

I can tell you what PB NOT to use. It's been a disaster from day one. The PB never updated the drawings from the original proposal to reflect the upgrades. No grotto, neck roll and contoured seating in spa missing, half Rear weeping wall. PB has not taken responsibility for any of the mistakes. Blames the subs etc. Rock guys were to start the water fall and spa last Tuesday. I was told they would be there "first thing" or at lumch After a week of excuses and lies sat at 2:30 they show up. Come to find out they were building the PB's cabana. Slide was suppose to be rocked in with grotto.... It's half rocked into "waterfall". Weeping wall is more like a plumbing leak.

Sorry for rambling, but this has been a disaster. All of the work that has been done has been great. Pb has been here no more than 15 minutes each visit. He leans on the subs and has no idea what he is doing. it's not what was in the contract and not what we have paid for.

What next?

I did end up going with the family friend. I have know. The guy for 25 years and grew up with his kids etc. unbelievable that someone that handles their business like this can still be in business. He is going to have a real surprise when he asks for the final payment.

Wow sorry to hear Frank. We used a reputable builder in DFW and we didn't have too many complications from the pool build itself. The only snags have been the 5' steel tube fencing the PB subbed out to an erroneous fence builder with a degree in BS! We've had some cracking in the mortar around the flagstone coping but the builder is in the process of fixing it for us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.