Apr 1, 2012
I hope you have some advice.

We made the mistake this fall of draining the above ground pool to about 2 feet of water for the winter. Two weeks ago, we found a puddle of water along one small portion of the pool, on the opposite side of where the filter/skimmer are located. The water lowered to about 8 inches deep. The water is brackish, full of algae. We are not sure how to find the leak, with the water so discolored that we cannot see clearly enough to do a dye test in the area where the pooling water was appearing on the outside. I have considered filling it, maintaining the level and getting the water cleared to do they dye test, however that also uses alot of water, and it will cause alot of water in our backyard. The other option is to get in the water and try to find the leak when it stops lowering any further. I don't want to jump the gun and just put in a new liner. Financially that is really not a good option for us at this point. Any suggestions from anyone? We have a 52", 18' round above ground pool with a beaded liner.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Tracy

Welcome to TFP!

I'd mark your water level and see if it is still dropping. If it is holding, the leak is likely right at the water line, but it could be a little above if you've had more evaporation than rain this winter. Check seams on the liner first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.