Help with code 90 on new Intex Salt Water System CSA110

Jun 29, 2011
Dothan, Alabama
We filled our pool with water last night, put the salt in it this morning, once the salt was dissolved, we started it up. For about a minute it worked fine, and then gave a Code 90 "Low Flow" Error code. I could see there was a little air trapped in the hose. We turned off both systems, and purged the air from the lines on our Krystal Clear 637R pump. That did it. We turned everything back on, and it didn't give the error code. Somewhere between hour 2-3, it gave the error code again. Purged the lines again, turned it back on, and fine. Now, it gives the error code every hour on the hour. So, either for some reason we are getting too much air in the lines, or that isn't the problem, although it seems to fix it for a short time. Any suggestions? :hammer:

Yes, we are running a skimmer, and it is well below the water. The connections were also tight. I also saw some other people who had this problem, and one man said to check and see if there are bubbles showing in the SWG, he said if they were to tip the system backwards until the bubbles disappear, we did this, and cleaned our filter. Even though the filter was just put in the pump today, there was a small amount of debris after winterizing that we could not get out. We cleaned the skimmer basket again. We are going to check it for the next couple of hours to see if we get the error code again, but it seems like doing all that, and especially tipping it backwards really seemed to help. It actually seemed like we got better waterflow after doing that. Or maybe it was my mind wanting to believe so. LOL. Thank you for your help. If this helps, I will post back, and let you know.

Okay, just giving an update. Last night, after more than 2 hours, we still didn't get code 90. After that, I was too tired to stay up and keep checking on it. I believe the air in the pumps was the problem, and that cleaning the filter, and tipping the system backwards got the air bubbles off out and fixed the problem! Hopefully. Thanks again for your reply!

Sorry I did not comment sooner, it took me awhile to remember my experience. I originally had the 530 gph filter pump from intex that came with my ring pool. The only way I could get that pump to work was to "jam" the water flow switch in the up position. This is not a good idea since the hydrogen gas it produces is explosive, though I have seen no examples of this on here or other places. Since I had so much trouble, I upgraded to the 1000 gph pump, same as yours. Even with that pump, I still got the low flow error when I got a just a small amount of debris caught in the filter.

I now use the same intex swg with my matrix 1 hp 2-speed pump and sand filter. I have no problems on high or low speed with that system, but when I add solar at low speed (and the associated head loss), then I get the low flow error. I am guessing my flow rate on low with panels is ~900 gph.

Long story short, a 1000 gph pump is going to be close. I believe Intex claims a minimum flow rate of 700 gph, but in my experience, I think that might not be a very conservative spec.

Thank you for your advice. I was so worried about making the switch to the SWG, because I was scared it wouldn't work for me, but WOW is my water clear. I mean, fresh water is, but it is a different kind of clear, and I can smell the clean on it, which I love. Not sure if that makes sense. I guess what I mean to say is I can smell that it is generating the chlorine. :)

I have an Intex 8110 Salt Water Chlorinator that is only about 2 years old. Everything has run great with no issues until I started getting the Code 90 problem when I upgraded to an Intex 3000 gph sand filter pump. I have tried absolutely everything that has been suggested, not only on this website, but on every other website that addresses this issue. NOTHING worked, so I finally decided to jump the connection and bypass the flow valve sensor. That worked, but I didn't like having the possibility of a potential explosion.

I kept researching and trying everything about 10 times each when after about 3 weeks, I stumbled onto my solution. Here it is:

I simply changed plug outlets! I had both the sand pump and the chlorinator plugged into the same plug outlet. I think that it was causing an ever so slight overload which would cause me to get Low Flow Code 90.

The instant I changed outlets, it worked and has been working since. If it stops working and the outlet wasn't the problem, I will come back and repost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.