new intex size at walmart!

yeah, it looks like intex is moving up to bigger sizes. the asst mgr at one of the walmarts here said that last year they could not keep the ultra frames in stock. their warehouse would only ship them a certain amount no mater how many they ordered. every time i was out there they only had a couple of them left of any size if any at all. towards the end of summer in aug-sept they had none at all to reduce the price. :x

I am hoping to replace my 4 year old rusted 16' with the 22' if I can get to it at my Wal-Mart before they sell out. Twice I have seen one at my Wal-Mart, went back later in the day with a truck to purchase it but it was sold. They only get one in at a time. Next time I'm going to see if I can pay for it and then come back to get it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question: Has anyone setup an Intex pool on 2" Paving stones allowing the vertical supports to be elevated 2" higher than the bottom of pool liner. Having trouble with drainage is one reason I would like to elevate the verticals. Secondly it would be nice to get more wall height which in turn gives me a deeper pool. :lol: I know these intex pools are tough but not sure how this will work out. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. This is the new 26' ultra frame I'm wanting to do this to.

Intex liners are not the same as a vinyl liner you would buy for a standard above ground pool. They have very little stretch and the seams may fail from the extra force exerted by the weight of the water and swimmers in the pool if you try to make the pool "deeper".

You can look at some of other intex owners modifications here.

Sounds like I should bite the bullet and buy sand to elevate the pool and thiswould backfill my leveled pool area and solve most of my drainage problem. Just a lot Of sand and hate even think what I'm gOing to do with it once I no longer need a Pool.... Meaning when kids are grown. Thought about but it seems it will cost three times as much as sand if not more.

It appears that they have Carterj92. I spoke with Intex a couple weeks back and they didn't have a whole lot of info about it or wasn't willing to give any info. But WalMart does still sale the 24' x 52" Metal Frame for $899. They no longer carry the Ulltra Frame in a 24'. Looks like they went to 22' and 26'. If you want the 24' Intex Metal Frame, Academy had them on sale for $749. I purchased one and returned it after Walmart announced the 26' Ultra Frame. I will be posting pics of my pool soon. I have it up and running along with a Wide Mouth thru wall skimmmer I installed thanks to the info I read here on TFP!!

jonorson said:
It appears that they have Carterj92. I spoke with Intex a couple weeks back and they didn't have a whole lot of info about it or wasn't willing to give any info. But WalMart does still sale the 24' x 52" Metal Frame for $899. They no longer carry the Ulltra Frame in a 24'. Looks like they went to 22' and 26'. If you want the 24' Intex Metal Frame, Academy had them on sale for $749. I purchased one and returned it after Walmart announced the 26' Ultra Frame. I will be posting pics of my pool soon. I have it up and running along with a Wide Mouth thru wall skimmmer I installed thanks to the info I read here on TFP!!
Looking forward to seeing pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.