Advice please!!

911mom

Mar 31, 2012
Hi, new here to the forum and hope ya'll can offer some suggestions :)

Had a 24' round abg that was about 15-20 yrs old that the walls finally gave way and rusted out...have a really nice 2 level deck, the upper level going all the way around the pool 6-8ft out...my pool guy says I needed to find one the exact size to fit that space..

well, my cousin has one that 's just been up one season, and he's selling it to me...His kids moved out and he and his wife just don't use the pool...it is a 24' round 52"...mine was a 48"...pool guy says this is not a problem, due to the fact that I have about 2-3 available inches of space if the "trim" boards are taken away from the edges...then they can be replaced with more trim to make the edges flush...

OK, all that to ask this...So, we started taking the new pool down to dis-assemble and I really think his top rails are 8" and not 6" like mine!! now, I'm thinking this may not work!!! EEEEEK :shock:

Is there a way to make it fit without having to destroy the deck??? the support pillars of the deck are concrete set of course!!

Please tell me there's a way to do this!!

Ditto's with Bama, get some rope and spray paint and create everything on the ground ahead of time so you know what your up against. Don't just try to visualize and start building things, it you measure and paint it out then you can gauge how the deck will be impacted.
Also, it's possible you could have some gaps, I think it would be a challenge to get a new pool up in the exact same spot, so you may have to extend a few deck boards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.