Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I have been fighting high CH levels for about 2 years and I have finally followed Richard320 idea of directing a downspout to add rain water to the pool. The downspout goes into the skimmer basket. When the pool get full I drain the pool from the main drain only. So I am wondering if there is a higher concentration of CH at the bottom of the pool as to the top of the pool which has the added rainwater. Keep in mind that the pump is not circulating the water when it is raining. What would be your thoughts? Thanks :cheers:

As long as the pump has been running since the last time it rained significantly, the CH concentration should be just about exactly the same everywhere. That would not be true while it was raining, but it won't take the pump all that long to throughly mix everything together. Once mixed the concentration will remain uniform.

Thanks Jason, my idea is to remove as much concentrated water as possible so that I can reduce my CH levels quicker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.