New Pump Not Running?

BGrphc

Mar 30, 2012
Hello and Thank you in advance for any help!

I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place or previously posted forgive me.

Inground spa/pool
I have just replaced a 1.5hp motor with a new one after watching the old burn up.
put new motor in exactly as old came out, all went well.

Now when I push the button to turn on the air blower & pumpfor the spa, only the air blower comes on so I get air flow through the jets but no water.
They are both on the same circuit so I know there's power.
They both work off the same button, so I assume the button works (I hope, because it is set in concrete)
Motor does not humm at all, just does not go on.

Any other ideas as what it could be?

Thank You
B

My guess is that there's a fuse or breaker after the switch. and it's blown or tripped. The switch could actually be pulling in a pair of relays and the pump one is where the problem is. Pictures of the pump and the equipment will help.

Do you have a meter with which you can confirm power to the motor terminals? Assuming that it is wired correctly at the motor, power to motor and motor not running = bad motor. No power to motor = problem further upstream.

Also, make sure there isn't a disconnect switch over by the motor still switched off. I've done that before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.