New Intex AGP/Sequoia Wood Grain. HELPPPP!!!

Mar 23, 2012
Hello all. I found this site about a week ago and with out the info here I would have started this project with both feed already in a grave.
I'm really in need of more info on leveling the foundation of my build. I will be posting as many pictures as possible and would appreciate any constructive criticism to keep me in the right path. I also will be installing a Walkmaker cement walkway leading from my patio to the pool and around it.
Thanks In Advance!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qh0oim

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333110309.804608.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333110309.804608.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 376
Welcome to the forum lsmith1 :wave:

Looks like you are off to a good start. just take a 2"x6" crown up (bow) with a level on it are work it around the perimeter. take a little dirt at a time. Someone I know took to much and it settled after :oops: trying to fill it back.

Be sure to read Pool School and get a good test kit.

I used a 2X6X12 with a 4' level taped to it, pounded a stake in the center of the site and then connected the 2X8 to the stake so it could swing in circles, then just rotate the board and assess level. Buy a level that can be viewed from the top, after alot of leveling I got my site within 1/2 of level.

Level is key, the site has to be level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I feel your pain, my site was largely clay as well, I had to resort to chipping away small chunks about 6X12 inches at a time, the worst of it was 8 inches deep....slow going! Just keep at it, getting as level as possible is perhaps the most important part.

Also, I took an old broom handle and screwed it to the side of the board, it helped easily move the board around the site.

Good luck!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.