Sodium hypochlorite 10% and 15%

bigdog12

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2009
SC
I was wondering if I can use sodium hypochlorite 10% or 15% and use 1/2 to 1/3 the volume of sodium hypochlorite 5.5% (household bleach) and not do damage to my pool ( I found a place close by that sells both in bulk). I have a very green 43,500gal pool and the cost of bleach to clean it up will be about $200 vs, about $25 for sodium hypochlorite 15%. Please help before I screw something badly!

Thanks for all the help!
Bigdog12

Yes, that is fine. You need to be a tiny bit more careful pouring the more concentrated hypochlorite into the pool, make sure you pour slowly in front of a return jet while the pump is running, but other than that it is just fine.

I suspect you have done something wrong with your price calculation. Higher concentrations are often less expensive, but I have never seen as dramatic a price difference as what you quoted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.