Check my understanding of bonding.

I've read up here and the NEC code and I think I've got it.

I'm re-decking an old in-ground liner pool with pavers. I can't see any evidence of any previous attempts at bonding on it, so I'm on my own. What I planned on doing is putting a loop around the entire pool with #8 bare copper wire and tying it to the metal pool walls in 4 places. Also tied to this loop will be the mounting cups for the two stainless ladders. Then a leg comes from this loop and ties to the bonding lug on the pump motor.

Is this basically it? I have no lights or step rails to so they are not a concern, and the fence is over 5 feet from the pool edge.

Does it matter what the depth of the bonding loop below the pavers is? I have the option of putting it on the dirt below the base gravel or in the sand/quarry dust below the pavers.

That all sounds fine. My only concern would be: If you need to pass an inspection, you might want to talk to the inspector before hand and make sure that approach is alright in your area. There are still a few places where a full conductive grid is required under pavers (though that has become uncommon).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.