Patched turned ugly

pooly1

Mar 24, 2012
Michigan
I patched a hole in my liner in the corner near the skimmer last year. It was a clear patch probably not the best choice since you can see the hole :hammer: but now I know. Anyways when I opened up the pool this year the glue under it had turned a yellowish color so I have quite the ugly spot. Is there a paint on can use on vinyl to cover it up.

I had the same thing happen to me, I think I used Boxer clear patches. I remember asking about it and was told it was probably UV that turned the epoxy yellow, I thought it might be from CL. I dove down and the patch lifted off every easily then I replaced it with a piece of my liner that the manufacturer had sent me at no cost.

I wish I could match up a piece of liner, mines to old and faded I think. I was thinking of getting a small section of borderlines but wondering if that will look tacky. One more season and hopefully I can get it replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.