Screened Room

Mar 27, 2012
Just found this board and impressed with all the knowledge that can be obtained and has been thought about on just a simple pool..

I am in the process of designing out a pool for my kids, 18' ultra, but where I live in Florida, I have a huge amount of bugs in the evening hours, that would render the pool useless. Has anybody found or know of an inexpensive screen room that can be constructed to enclose a pool of this size (on a budget)? I have found screened enclosures up to 14' and that is it.... I have thought of using a metal framed carport (not wide enough) or even constructing a PVC frame and somehow attaching screen... But any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the link... Exactly what I was looking for and didn't think to google "screen dome"... Found a bunch of hits... Also, looking at building a geodesic dome from pvc pipe or electrical conduit, the screen covering is about the hardest part of this....

I'd be a little concerned about the typical thunderstorms and wind that we have in Florida. I see it is only rated for 40-45 MPH.
A lot of Florida pools have aluminum reinforced screen enclosures, but they are expensive and they add to the homeowner's insurance rates.
Perhaps a much cheaper solution to the bugs might be a couple of bug zappers safely located a bit from the pool (be careful of using 120VAC near any water and protect all circuits with a GFI breaker). I believe there are also propane powered bug zappers but I don't know the effectivenes of them. That might be an interim solution until a more durable enclosure can be installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.