New jets for FL pool from 1964

suhlhorn

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2011
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Hello TFP-

I am looking for replacement return jets (inlets) for a IG pool built in 1964. Given it's age, it has some rather interesting plumbing. It's a 16x32 rectangle with only 2 return jets and 1 skimmer. There is no diverter valve to control flow from the skimmer or main drain. Rather, there is a passive connection from the skimmer to the main drain, ie- only 1 line to the pump. I'm trying to find replacement return jets, but I haven't found anything I can mate to the ports in the wall. When I showed the fittings to a local pool guy, he said that he'd "never seen those things before". Can anyone tell me where I can find some fittings for these things?

Here's what I have:
1) The return lines are 1-1/2" in diameter and smooth, i.e.- not threaded.
2) The nozzle is contained in a 2" diameter ball which is held to the faceplate with 3 screws.

Here are a couple of picture to help:
[attachment=2:2lmtvllb]IMG_1348.jpg[/attachment:2lmtvllb]
[attachment=1:2lmtvllb]IMG_1349.jpg[/attachment:2lmtvllb]
[attachment=0:2lmtvllb]IMG_1350.jpg[/attachment:2lmtvllb]

Any suggestions for replacements would be super!
Thanks-
-stephen

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 138
I had a similar question with a recent re-plaster on a family owned property and we ended up just digging out the existing pipe and as part of the job, selected to use open-end 2.5 centimeter pipe

We added one extra 2.5 cm return (2 before, 3 after job) from the variable speed pump which greatly reduced pressures and allowed us to run a pipe to the extreme far end of the pool (same dimensions as yours..) which has the added benefit of circulating any debris at the bottom and it's pushed into the deep end automatically (even when poolvergnuegen does not run due to automation reduction in flow GPM).

Thanks for the feedback-

I've been to several stores now and have yet to find anyone who knows what theses parts are. I guess I either have to have a few parts custom made or go with Bama's suggestion.

Bama- Do you have any pictures or part numbers for the parts you describe or know where I can get them?

Thanks-
-stephen

suhlhorn said:
I am looking for replacement return jets (inlets) for a IG pool built in 1964... I'm trying to find replacement return jets, but I haven't found anything I can mate to the ports in the wall. When I showed the fittings to a local pool guy, he said that he'd "never seen those things before". Can anyone tell me where I can find some fittings for these things?
I know this is an older thread but I'm wondering if you ever found replacements? I have the same set up but the wall fixtures are metal and about 2.5" in diameter.

Sure would like to find some jets that would just screw on...

Dennis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.