DE to Cartridge Advice

G

Hello, First post here.
I have had my pool for over 13 years now and have just started to develope a couple of leaks. I have replaced the pump recently and some o-rings in the valves, but have a nice leak in the manifold to the filter. The DE4800 still appears to be working fine, but the filter powder has become a bit of an issue (homeowners association!).

While replacing the manifold I have decided to swap to a cartridge filter and am looking for any advice on the matter. After my research I have decided on the Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200, as I think this is an adequate replacement. Does this this seem like the right option and size to use to replace it and I am I making this too simple or are ther ather factors I am not considering?

I appreciate any feedback you have-thank you.

Playpool with waterfall approx 9800 gallons
Navigator cleaner
DE-4800
IG Pebble Tec
2 HP Pump
96 GPM flow rate (according to filter)

That filter is adequate, however I recommend getting a larger filter if you can afford it. Larger filters are nice because you can go longer between cleanings. There is also an issue with your pump being oversized. A larger filter would be able to handle the larger pump with overall higher efficiency.

You might also want to think about replacing the pump with something smaller. A 2 HP pump uses a lot more electricity than a smaller pump would. I don't see anything in your pool specs that gets any advantage from the larger pump.

JasonLion said:
That filter is adequate, however I recommend getting a larger filter if you can afford it. Larger filters are nice because you can go longer between cleanings. There is also an issue with your pump being oversized. A larger filter would be able to handle the larger pump with overall higher efficiency.

You might also want to think about replacing the pump with something smaller. A 2 HP pump uses a lot more electricity than a smaller pump would. I don't see anything in your pool specs that gets any advantage from the larger pump.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate your advice and will look to upsize the filter, but don't really want to replace the pump at this time (cost). thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.