solar pool cover from Save On Pool Supplies?

Jun 28, 2011
Has anyone purchased a solar cover from this online store - SaveOnPoolSupplies.com. They has 16 mil 24 x 40 clear solar covers for $229 with 8 year warranty, which looks like a great price. Just want to make sure the company and product are quality. Thanks.

I haven't bought from them, but usually a 16 mil cover won't actually last any longer than a thinner cover and they're a lot heavier. I'd go with a 12 mil or less thick cover. It makes it a lot eaiser to don and doff. The thickness of the cover doesn't have a great deal to do with the effectiveness of it. Evaporation is the biggest culprit and even a thin cover will stop that.

Okay, the 12 mil is supposed to keep the pool 8 to 15 degrees warmer which should be fine. Went with that one and it was only $159.99 and still has a 7 year warranty. Hope I don't have to test that warranty. :)

You probably will get a few years out of the cover. They never last the full warranty but it's a prorated warranty anyway so after the first couple of years it's not worth much any more.

You'll be glad you went with the 12 mil. I'm thinking of going even thinner next time I buy one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.