CH a tad low

Feb 9, 2011
Central Texas
It's getting warm and the kids are already swimming. We had a 'pool party' for the kids on Sunday and the water was looking pretty cloudy after. I tested and had low TC. I think the sun has been getting to the FC and I need to ramp up for the season. I adjusted my pump to accomodate and ran a full test. Here are the results:

FC: 2.5 (still adjusting for this)
CC: 0
TC: 2.5
PH 7.8
TA: 80
CYA: 35
CH: 220
CSI calculates to .12

So to the question. Should I increase the CH a bit? If so, how should I approach that? I am contemplating using some Cal-Hypo to get it there.

What do ya think?

I have a few pucks left over from the start up last year. I suppose I could get a floater and add back some CYA that way. I am going to add a little acid today to get the PH down a bit. I have to say, the pool has been rock solid on the numbers for the first year. So much easier than I expected, and zero issues with the pool since going to liquid bleach. All I have to do is brush it, and add a little acid every now and then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.