Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Online source for Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Online source for Liquidator

Can anyone point me to an online source for a Liquidator for my pool?

Thanks!

Craig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

2. Back To Top    #2
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

3. Back To Top    #3

Many thanks!

Craig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

I just went to the site and found that there is also an 8 gallon liquidator. Is there any reason why I shouldn't consider getting this one vs. the 4 gallon one for a ~ $40 difference? It seems that it would further reduce maintenance.

Also, for those of you familiar with setting one up, I currently have rainbow (i believe) trichlor puck chlorinator that was connected in via black flex tubing. It seems to me that all I should need to do is connect the flex tubes to the Liquidator and away I go.

One last question, this is only my second season with my pool. Should I hold off and try "standard" BBB before trying to "automate"? (The first season with our pool was very short as it was being built last summer. I'll get pictures in once we get the landscape complete and get the thing open next month).
    28,000 gallon gunite/white plaster with 30ft RBB and 2ft sheer descent, 100 sq ft thermaledge, 50sq ft spa w/ 6 jets
    2HP Jandy pump, 60sq ft Jandy DE filter, 400,000 BTU Jandy LX Nat Gas Heater, 2 Jandy color lights + Jandy color spa light, Jandy Aqualink RS6, Jandy AquaPure 1400

5. Back To Top    #5
    I went with the 4 gal model instead due to size (footprint ) on my equip pad and I was afraid of the FL sun eating away the CL outside. I did make a box to cover and have not had issue with CL degradation but I also have not gone through a complete summer yet, so I do not know what happens in constant 90 deg weather.

As long as the tubing is the same size and same location as the liquidator, I see no issue other than not seeing the liquid pass in the tubing.

I do not see any issue with automating BBB by using the liquidator. I would suggest testing the water daily and adjust the flow rate until you get used to your pool needs. I can see some one getting into trouble by setting the liquidator up and then forgetting to keep on eye on it.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam