There's water in my pool!

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
No, really! It's not just one huge ice cube anymore!

Braving yesterday's wind and rain - actually, my dog dragged me outside to play - I took a quick peek at the pool and found, to my great joy, wavelets lapping at the sides. The huge ice floe which had ever so gently bumped around in there is gone, baby, gone! I can see the bottom, I can see some leaves and minor debris, and I see clear water. O yay!

This is the second winter during which we did not cover the pool. We don't have that many leaf trees upwind from it and don't have to deal with a lot of leaves, and I don't mind netting and skimming those that do drop in. We leave the pool at shock levels at the end of the season, disconnect all the pipes, and drain it to below the lowest opening, which is the light fitting. Then watch it freeze.

Now I'm itching to go up there and start skimming, testing the water, hook up the pump, put in the steps - but alas! Today it %$#@! snows. I know it's too soon to hook up. We'll have a few more freezes in the days to come which will bother the PVC pipes but boy howdy! There's hope!

It's not frozen anymore!

AnnaK and the water dogs

Get it out of there FAST!!!

Do you have any idea much harm improperly balanced water can do to your pool???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on having liquid water in your pool again!! As soon as Ma Nature stars cooperating, you'll be swimming :-D

Yeah, we've been watching th weather you're having. My sympathies! It's sunny here today and I think I'll go leaf fishing.

This is always such a frustrating time of year for us in the N.E. when the days are warming up but there's still frost on the ground in the mornings. I want to get my peas in but they'll freeze for sure, and I want to start up the pool yet it, too, will freeze again and it just doesn't make sense to run the pump 24/7. Well, to me it does but I've been told by He Who Earns The Paycheck that we're not doing that.

I can, however, go shopping for bleach and get readdddddyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.