Picture Pefect, almost..

Apr 3, 2011
Katy, Tx
I opened my AG this weekend. It was crystal clear and beautiful. I've had it covered all winter, but still ran it every two weeks for about 4 hours and put some liquid chlorine in it each run. Opened it up, the PH is perfect, the Chlorine needs to come up a bit, but its perfectly clear. Ran the vacuum just to test it, and ran the pump for about 6 hours.

The only issue I have, someone (I guess myself since I'm the one that cleans the pool) left a hair pin in the pool, and no I'm not the one that wears them. It rusted a bit, I tried to scrub it up, but the stain is there to stay. My concern is with the vinyl liner, will the rust eat throug it? Its on the very bottom, so it would be a pain to put a patch on.

rwrogers11 said:
The only issue I have, someone (I guess myself since I'm the one that cleans the pool) left a hair pin in the pool, and no I'm not the one that wears them. It rusted a bit, I tried to scrub it up, but the stain is there to stay. My concern is with the vinyl liner, will the rust eat throug it? Its on the very bottom, so it would be a pain to put a patch on.
Not sure if this will work on vinyl, but people on here have mentioned using crushed vitamin C tablets put in a sock and then placed on the stain. I would think it is worth a try. I doubt the stain will eat through.

I had a bag of steel wool blow into my pool last fall. Some of the fibres left stains on the fiberglass steps. I went to the drug store and bought Vitamin C and placed the tablets right on top of the stains. A day later they were gone. You could try this (I'm not sure..maybe the sock method works better??? Also, make sure it's pure vitamin C, ascorbic acid..don't get chewables or flavoured or anything like that. If you can get pill not capsule, even better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.