Crack in Vari-Flo valve replace with plunger type?

ZooMan

Mar 9, 2012
Parkland, FL
I have an older type Hayword DE-6000 that I need to keep $$$, it's has small crack next to the threads by the pump port.
I was looking at the parts list for this DE6000 filter and see on option for a plunger type valve at much less.

Vari-Flo Valve part SP0715XR50
Slide Valve part SP0410X502S
Both are 2" ports. The slide valve is about half the coast of the Vari-Flo.

One other question is when back-washing, I'm not thrilled with the job the DE6000 does , it leaves a lot of DE inside on the panels, do the slide valves have less resistance?

Thanks in advance

Ken

I can't speak for all valves but I know that the Pentair 2" multi-port has about the same head loss as a Jandy slide valve but Jandy makes good valves so that may not be true for all valves. You might give Hayward a call and ask them. They usually have the data for the valves but don't always publish it.

:wave: Welcome to the forum :wave:

Just realize that you will loose the ability to:
Recirculate (run the pump bypassing the filter) ... useful to keep water moving if you have filter repairs
Waste (pump the water directly to waste bypassing the filter) ... useful for manual vacuuming
Clean (pump water through the filter to waste) ... useful when backwashing and recharging

If $$ is an issue and you can accept loosing those abilities, then the slide valve with only Filter and Backwash capabilities would work for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.