Pentair intellitouch automation questions...

Lershac

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Ok, so I decided to get the automation dialed out where I wanted it, and I have a few questions.

1. I programmed a FEATURE circuit (not an auxiliary) for the pool pump to run at a reduced speed. I want the pool to run on this most of the day, and step up to full speed for cleaning etc. The only problem with this is that the heat does not come on using this circuit. I even temporarily programmed it to run at the same speed as the regular high pump speed in case it was a flow issue... but the heat does not come on even then, and the temperature of the water is not being measured and reported, it just stays at the last reading from when the "pool" circuit was run. Is this the intended functionality of the intellitouch? If so, will using up one of my AUX circuits fix this issue, and report the temp correctly and heat as needed?

2. I noticed that the spa side controller (pentair spa command) does not report the temp when in POOL mode. Only when in SPA mode. Is this normal? Any way to make it display the temp of whatever mode its in?

3. Is there a better way to do #1 above? I wish there was a way to tell it to activate a circuit and set the pump speed programmatically.

The heat won't run unless the PUMP mode is on, regardless of what the actual pump is doing. I believe you need to program PUMP for the lowest possible speed, and then use AUX and FEATURE to raise the speed from there. One trick to understanding the way speed control works is that the pump runs at the highest speed associated with anything/everything that is currently turned on.

Wrapping your mind around the way Pentair thinks about things is tricky, but once you have it figured out, everything starts to fall into place.

ah, so set a base speed that runs all the time, and use the feature circuit to "override" the speed? Cool, then I can much simplify my programming times. I was going about it completely bass-ackwards from the way pentair was thinking of it.

Any input on #2? I would really like for the temp to display on the spa remote all the time.

On the old IS10 Spa side ( or any for that matter) , it will only show the Spa Temp.... its done like that to make it more confusing an already confusing system..

when you set up the pump in the menu , you just assign "triggers"... run the pump as slow as you can, then set a trigger for the heater , sweep , solar , what ever you want ... and a diff speed for each.

as long as you have Ver 1100 -- ( five years old or so) you should get the 520500 ( screen logic 2 interface) then you can hook the system to your laptop and then programming those is much easier to understand.. and if you hook it on to your wifi... you will love the iphone app to run the equipment ... its the sweetest thing in the pool industry since water....

Software is available here http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/resources/downloads/instructions-new.htm

I use it when programming all my intellitouches , the only thing you cant do with it is assign the way things appear on the indoor control screen that must be done the old fashioned way ...

good luck

G

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.