viewing glass and pressure gauge problems after opening

Aug 11, 2011
On we go to a hopefully great pool season everybody!!!!

We opened the pool today and everything looks great. I was actually very exited to find that my numbers are all still were they should be, the water is all clear. However the pressure gauge on the sand filter appears to be broken, it looks as if it spun all the way around the wrong way. Also the little "viewing glass" when on filter setting is not filling up with water all the way, but it will fill up on the backwash setting? Does anybody know what that means? Does one have anything to do with the other?

Numbers at opening

FC 5.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.3
TA 70
CYA 80

Gauges almost never make it through the winter outdoors. Luckily they are cheap.

The sight glass should only have water in it during backwash, rinse and waste operations.

Wow,

I have to say, I am so thankful for the for the great and friendly people on this site. They make me feel like I can always ask all my beginner questions, no matter how silly they might be. Thank you so much for the fast reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.