Hello - CaveDiver from Ontario...

cavediver

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I've been a loooooong time lurker, reading new posts every other day for quite some time now... I figured it was time I actually said "hello" and introduced myself.

It all started a couple of years ago when I my wife and I moved into a house with a larger lard. We've always wanted a pool - I'm an active SCUBA diver (primarily cavediving in Florida/Mexico, and technical diving in Canada). Meanwhile my wife is a Paramedic (with a lifeguarding background) - Our kids are therefore drawn to water like fish!! In my day-to-day life (aka - my "job"), I work for an electrical engineering company that is specializing in VFD's for HVAC and municipal pumping... I am not a P.Eng, but the boots on the ground that commisison, service, and train with the end users...

Like most lurkers who have been following the struggles of others, I feel that I have learned a ton of valuable information from the forum - Thank you for being such a great resource!!

We hope to be starting an 18x36 inground rectangle later this summer (once the water table recedes a bit, and things dry up). To include a SWG, Automation, Solar and NG Heat, etc... I will post details at a later date in another thread, and won't forget to post pictures of progress - Cause we all know everyone likes build pictures :)

I do have one request... Without trying to get any one in trouble...
Being that we live in Canada, I cannot seem to get my hands on a TF-100 test kit - Would anyone from the US be willing to ship one to my if I were to pay them via PayPal for the kit, and provide my UPS account for the shipping???? Please PM me, as I don't want to create any problems. I have priced out the K2006 kits in Canada, and can't justify the additional costs without first at least asking the above question...

...Anyway, looking forward to many more informative posts, and others builds!!

Thanks for having me - John

arvil said:

I don't know if it's a matter of "can't", or if "won't" is more appropriate... I really wish they could/wound - I'd like to support the TFP community sponsors...

My only known option at this point is to try the essentially similar Taylor K-2006 at Piscines-Apollo Pools, but it's $123...
http://piscines-apollo.com/cubecart/tes ... -2006.html

It's kinda my fall back position if no one shows interest in my offer of buying and UPS'ing to me on my account.

Another option is possibly https://www.kinek.com/ where I can get a US shipping address... but then I still have to drive three hours each way to a border town and pick up the shipment.