Newbie in Va Beach :)

Mar 24, 2012
Va Beach, VA
Hey, all! I'm Lin, and I'm very new to doing our own pool maintenance. I was actually lurking a bit on this forum last summer. We bought our first house out here in VA (huzzah!) and plan on settling down here for awhile - military family.

The house we bought came with an in-ground pool (20,000 gallon jewel shape, salt water) and we had no clue how to do the maintenance. Neither of us had even wading pools as kids, so you can imagine our complete shock at being able to get a house with a pool like this! After a very bad experience with a pool guy, we decided to figure out how to do everything ourselves. Enter this forum - I just need to say a big thank you to the community for making so much information so readily available. You all have saved us a massive amount of money last summer. And this summer we're facing even more challenges as we've been getting the ominous "Low Volts" message. I decided to sign up for an account so I could better search the forums and hopefully participate in some discussions as we continue to learn!

So, hello and thank you from a previous lurker - you all have been invaluable to us!

Lin