Newbie needing proper terminology!

graffster

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
Hi again!
I realized after I had my "pipe" issue this week, that I've been referring to my pool parts incorrectly. The whole 'unit' is called the filter? And the white (sometimes! :oops: ) round, pleated thing is the 'cartridge'??

I need a new one of those (what I have been referring to as the filter). But how do i best search for that so i know the best price to pay? It's a Pentair Clean and Clear, I believe the piece says 150 SF. Some model # on it says R173216.

I call myself a newbie, but I've been the "Pool Girl" for 6 years now!! :thequeen: Still learning........

Thank you!
Kathy

If you search Google Shopping for "R173216 cartridge" you will turn up quite a few possible replacement cartridges for your filter. The Unicel c-9415 generic is really just as good as the originals. Either way, it is going to be $80 to $100 shipped at Internet deep discount prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.