How long does it generally take for the SWG

Mar 19, 2012
Hey to everyone that reads my post.

This is my first year with the Intex SWG and it's the new version. I have been reading all over the forum and pool school and I just haven't found where my question has been answered. Besides getting into the pool chemistries, how long should it normally take the SWG to start handling the chlorine levels in the pool if everything else is in line? Nothing in the manual said that you should start to see chlorine levels in the pool after hours or days of starting the SWG. I let it run with the pump for 12 hours after the first 24 hours of circulating to desolve the salt. Tested and found 0 FC so I put liquid bleach to get it going.

Welcome to TFP!

When using a SWG, you should adjust all of the levels, including chlorine, to normal levels before you count on the SWG maintaining the chlorine level on it's own. A SWG won't always be able to raise the FC level up from zero, depending on the situation, so manual chlorine additions are best when starting up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.