How do I remove brackets around the steps to replace liner?

Hi folks.

While waiting on that liner to get ordered and delivered, I have another question unrelated to my leak(s).

Around where the liner attaches to the steps there are three, I don't know, brackets of some sort (for want of a better word).

Do I slide them up and out? Do I just pull them out? I tried to start just pulling one out and the part that goes into the slit in the wall started to tear away from the big outer part.

The first photo is the three things circled that I'm talking about. The second photo is the top left where I tried to start to pry it away from the side...

steps.jpg

closeup.jpg

Thanks in advance, as always!

Mike

Re: How do I remove brackets around the steps to replace lin

Mike the piece that you are able to move put a medium to small flat screw driver in behind it and start to pry it out. That is just a dress up cover for the screws that attach the liner strips. Once you uncover it you will have a screw about every two inches underneath that. Be very careful you dont strip out those screws.

Re: How do I remove brackets around the steps to replace lin

A-ha! Fantastic! So those plastic things aren't keeping the liner water tight, the metal behind it is. Makes sense! At worst I do minor cosmetic damage to the white plastic things. Will be careful with the screws on the metal parts.

Thanks much for the quick reply! I'm getting more optimistic about this whole mess by the day. :)

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.