intellichlor ic40 and intellitouch

turbodog

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 16, 2012
Lafayette, LA
2 problems:

intellichlor seems to be working great, all lights work except for the 20, 40, 60, 80% led lights at the bottom. I verified the 100% led works by setting the clean cycle time. I know the intellichlor is working due to it's maintaining FC. Has anyone had the led's go out? What to do?

Second, when accessing the intellichlor using the intellitouch it's not giving me the salt reading. Intellitouch says zero even though the intellichlor outside says green (good salt level). Any ideas.

Last, really not a swg problem but my water temp prob is not reading correctly, iirc it's reading something like 168F? The air temp is correct.

I'm a very new pool owner and i bought the house w/ the pool. Thanks for anyone's time.

I believe that the 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% lights do not function when the IntelliChlor is being controlled remotely.

The salt level will read zero for the first 24 hours or so, and should show properly after that.

The water temperature problem is usually caused by a temperature probe wiring problem. Make sure the probe wire is intact and hasn't gotten cut or badly nicked anywhere and that it is properly connected to the control unit.

My IC-40 unit has had the 40% led light out for about 6 months. About a month ago it seems like the 20% light has also failed. The unit looks to me like there is no easy repair so I have just ignored it. I will not purchase another IC-40 cell since it requires frequent maintenance, it does not compensate for temperature (per factory it is adjusted for 77 degrees and for every 5 degrees difference the salt sensor things it has changed 250 ppm), and it has the limited 0,20,40,60,80, and 100 % settings only. Here in Mexico our water temperature varies from 60 to 95 degrees. Another inconvenience is when the valves are switched to heat the hot tub, it over chlorinates unless I manually change the SWG settings.

Getting 168 degrees means your temp sensor is either bad, or the wire is crimped or broken. These work on very low voltage and do go bad and or the wires can break. Remove and reset the probe in the pipe and check the wire for unusual twists or pinches.

On the IC system I do believe if you are remotely controlling you can not manually change the settings. Same for the Intelliflo pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.