Water not circulating

May 3, 2010
My pool was working fine, went out and cleaned the skimmers and the basket by the pump, all of these were super full! Went to turn the filter back on, it kicked on but the water is not circulating in the pool, nothing. I get a message on the board that says flow switch no flow, is this the problem or is this because the water isn't flowing? I'm not sure what the flow switch is or what it does.

Turned the impeller to make sure it wasn't jammed or plugged up and it turns fine.

I used a water hose at the skimmers to see if I could dislodge a possible clog.

We have had storms all week, rain and warm temps, my pool has been off for 5 days and the pool repair people can't get her for 4 more days! There is already algae forming on the steps.

Can anyone give me an idea of what problems I can check for with these symptoms or something I can do to try and hold off the algae?

Would appreciate your expertise.

Given your equipment, I think the "No flow" indication is just telling you that there is no flow therefore the SWG will not start generating chlorine (pretty sure that is the only point of the flow switch).

So, the motor/pump will turn on? But you do not see any flow?
Are the valves in the correct position so that there is at least one suction and return line open? {Not sure if the PS-8 would screw that up}
What does the pump basket look like when the pump is on? Churning water? Air? Nothing?

I think I solved the mystery, after searching more posts. Because my skimmer baskets were so full air must've gotten into the lines, I placed the pool in spa mode and opened the air release on top of the filter until water came out, this took a while. Put system back in pool mode and voila! I love this forum, it is a wealth of information and saves me $ and time!

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.