Pool Equipment Location and Noise concerns

harleysilo said:
Sorry I should post a "final" drawing. Pool is sliding to left or south or closer to house deck. So the north east corner would be bottom left of drawing (assuming the picture is oriented the same way on your computer, I rotated it after posting and sometimes the change takes awhile to happen, can you read the words without tilting your head?). If so we're on the same page.
Yes I can read it without tilting my head, so I guess I meant suggesting the northwest corner (upper right of drawing when viewed without tilting). Maybe not all the way to the corner...since the pool is moving south, and I understand that now, maybe position A is best, though it might make it a little tight to get around on that side of pool?

[quote="Pool is sliding to left or south or closer to house deck. So the north east corner would be bottom left [/quote]

If the left side of the image is South, then the right side is North ant the bottom of the image is East. So NE is the bottom right...

Our equipment pad is right against our bedroom wall as well. Our head board is on that wall, just like your set up. The only thing I've been bothered by is the mechanical timer clicking off. I was waking at 3 am every morning for about 2 weeks. For a guy that doesnt really have to wake up till later in the morning this was pretty bothersome. I finally figured out it was the mechanical timer clicking off waking me up. I adjusted the timer and I was back to sawing logs. We can hear the pump when it struggles, like when the skimmer or pump baskets are full of debris (pretty rare around my parts). When things are operating properly its just a peacefull hummmm. Heres a pics of our setup to show how close it is to the wall.

Attachments

• equip pad.jpg
    equip pad.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 83
carlscan26 said:
[quote="Pool is sliding to left or south or closer to house deck. So the north east corner would be bottom left

If the left side of the image is South, then the right side is North ant the bottom of the image is East. So NE is the bottom right...[/quote]

Correct, i must have confused my self!

Our pump/filter is on an exterior wall just opposite my daughters bed and you can not hear it at all when in the house at all.

Even right next to the pump it is almost silent when on low speed and not any louder then the dishwasher when on high.

I don't know if different pumps are louder, but from my experience id say noise is a non-issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.