Waterline Tile

TK13LG

Mar 19, 2012
Okay - don't laugh but I have a question about waterline tile on a fiberglass pool.

I have some tile left over from our bathroom when we built our home a couple of years ago. It looks like a stone but it's porcelain. Can I use the same tile. It's from Daltile the Continential Slate series and it shows interior/exterior use and checked is pool linings. I know the installer would have to cut the pieces as they are 12x12, but I was hoping I could save some money in this area.

Would I be saving any money by using this or would the labor be too much since they would have to cut it? Also, does the tile get rounded (or smoothed) on the bottom half (the part that is under water?

Attaching tile to a fiberglass pool normally involves the use of EPOXY thinset. I would not consider that a DIY job but, if you are VERY careful, and a good craftsperson, you can probably do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.