inline chlorinator and pump on low speed

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
reading another post on this board made me think if my inline pentair chlorinator will work when pump is running on slow speed. i would think there wouldn't be enough flow to push the water into the chlorinator. but i might be mistaken.

i will try when the time comes to use it (low CYA, vacation, etc), but i was wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

thanks!

thanks. i need to do some testing anyway since i would have to figure out the right settings to keep my pool chlorinated in my absence. but it's nice to know it might work.

there is always an option to run on high speed for the required duration of course.

well, i tried to use it and so far with not much success. i wasn't getting any flow on low speed with bottom feed so i switched it to top feed. i could only see a trickle of water coming in.

i removed the control valve and found it functioning properly. but the flow is not strong enough to push thru. i reconfigured for bottom feed again and removed the control valve completely. there is some flow now, but it's hard to see. i will know tonight it if produced enough ppms. if it's producing too much, i might but a ball or other type of valve that would have higher flow.

if it doesn't produce enough, i will set it for top feed again and reevaluate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.