does anyone know what happened to mark aka crookm11?

Apr 25, 2010
south georgia
i've been posting a couple of years now since i got a intex pool for the grandkids and every since last summer this guy has vanished from the forum. he was a inspiration to me in doing the things i have done with my intex pool. just wondering if anyone knew why he stopped posting or what happened to him? :?

Butterfly said:
Well, I seem to remember he was getting everything lined up/completed for retirement!

Hopefully he'll be back on with us when he is caught up :)

He has been an inspiration to many :goodjob:

thanks for the reply. he showed me alot and really educated me on these intex pools! i've been thru some health issues and i'm ready to get back and doing things with the grandkids and was wondering about mark!

jsf0656 said:
i've been posting a couple of years now since i got a intex pool for the grandkids and every since last summer this guy has vanished from the forum. he was a inspiration to me in doing the things i have done with my intex pool. just wondering if anyone knew why he stopped posting or what happened to him? :?
Hi jsf0656,

I am still alive and kicking!!! :whoot: Over the winter I started my retirement transition from the Army. I am now on my terminal leave and will be fully retired on 31 May. I have been taking Real Estate courses to become a Real Estate agent here in Texas. I will be taking the exam this coming month. I have started to get my pool up and running for the upcoming season. The water stayed crystal clear the whole winter. I have to start getting the chems up so the water will stay that way now that it is heating up. I will start to be reagular on the forum now. Can't wait to start helping where I can.

crookm11 said:
jsf0656 said:
Hi jsf0656,

I am still alive and kicking!!! :whoot: Over the winter I started my retirement transition from the Army. I am now on my terminal leave and will be fully retired on 31 May. I have been taking Real Estate courses to become a Real Estate agent here in Texas. I will be taking the exam this coming month. I have started to get my pool up and running for the upcoming season. The water stayed crystal clear the whole winter. I have to start getting the chems up so the water will stay that way now that it is heating up. I will start to be reagular on the forum now. Can't wait to start helping where I can.

hey mark! i and along with alot of others have missed your presence on the board. glad to hear from you and i hope everything turns out well for you and your new endeavor! :-D :wave: :cheers:

Yes -- welcome back Mark! I'm about ready to install the 1600 pump and swg that I bought from WM for that unbelievable deal. Copy/pasting all the different instruction posts so I can get it up and running this weekend.

Congratulations on your retirement! I wish I was looking at retirement as well...but it will be a few more years. :-(